Accepting nominations for Local Government Election ends today (January 21)
Accepting nominations for the Local Government election in Sri Lanka ended at 12:00 PM today (January 21).
Objections challenging the nominations submitted by the candidates can be filed until 1:30 PM, the Election Commission stated.
Thereafter, the District Election Officers will announce the accepted and rejected nomination papers.
The election date of the 2023 Local Government Election will be announced thereafter.
Several recognized political parties and independent groups submitted nominations to contest the upcoming election.
Cash deposits for the upcoming local government election were accepted from January 04 to January 20. Meanwhile, accepting nominations began on January 18.
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023