Appeal Court orders not to arrest Kurunegala Mayor
The Court of Appeal today ordered not to execute the arrest warrants issued against Kurunegala Mayor Thushara Sanjeewa and four others until it issues an order regarding the writ petition filed by the Mayor on August 24.
The order was delivered by Appeals Court’s bench consisting of its President, Justice A.H.M.D. Nawaz and Justice Sobhitha Rajakaruna, after taking up the writ petitions filed by the Kurunegala Mayor and four others challenging the arrest warrant issued on them.
The writ petitions were lodged on Monday (11).
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Permission not given to Chinese ship to dock, India’s concerns important: Sabry September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka squad named for ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 September 26, 2023
- S&P raises Sri Lanka local currency ratings to ‘CCC+/C’, says outlook stable September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka President expresses dissatisfaction with country’s current education system September 26, 2023
- Chinese model breaks U.S. hegemony: former Sri Lankan diplomat September 26, 2023