Arjuna Mahendran will be arrested – Rajitha
Former Central Bank Governor Arjuna Mahendran will be arrested for sure, said Minister of Health and Indigenous Medicine Rajitha Senaratne, adding that people ask questions Mahendran’s arrest, but nobody talks about the initiatives taken to arrest Udayanga Weeratunga. Addressing the Cabinet press conference yesterday at the Government Information Department, the Minister said that even the media reported on the bond scam continuously and not about the corruption that took place under the former government.
“Corruption is corruption, no matter who does it,” he said.
“A red notice has been issued to arrest Weeratunga. That is not an easy task. We have to go through several procedures to issue it. Similarly, Arjuna Mahendran will also be arrested.” Minister Senaratne said that the police cannot arrest him when the investigation is going on and added that now the court has given the order to arrest.
(Source: Daily News – By Ishara Mudugamuwa and Nushka Nafeel / Pix by Saman Sri Wedage)
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
This guy is the de-facto Law and Order Minister.
During Local Authority elections, he was crowing about the impending arrest of a former Defence Secretary on his return following the elections. Nothing happened. In fact the former Defence Secretary was given a heroes welcome when he arrived form US after the elections.
Now, this guy is crowing about Udayanga and Arjuna.
All fart and no shit, Yahapalana Minister.
this is the biggest problem with rajithas government in that nobody knows.
sir lankans has lost credibility internationally for obvious reasons.
i cannot imagine a nut like rajitha who holds a ministerial portfolio dealing with indigenous medicine approaching interpol. Further the best strategy would have been to approach the singapore ministry to find this crooks status in singapore. Follow it up with a rap sheet against mahendran as to what led to his appointment and his role in the Central Bank scam and that he is wanted in connection with the inquiry.
this nut rajitha should be kept away from this inquiry.
It is strange that ranil was allowwd to represent sri lanka considering that he has not been exonerated from his complicity in the CB scam for he is neither the minister nor has any role in the CB policies