Ballot Papers to be handed over to National Elections Commission
Government Printer says that printing of ballot papers for the general election will be completed today.
Government printer Ganga Kalpani Liyanage said the ballot papers of 18 districts were handed over to the National Elections Commission.
She also said ballot papers in other districts will be handed over to the Election Commission once the printing is completed.
The number of ballot papers printed for the upcoming general election is approximately 17 million.
Government Printer Ganga Kalpani Liyanage said the length and breadth of the ballot paper vary for each district.
Meanwhile, the government printer stated printing of polling cards will also be completed today.
(Source: News 1st)
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023