Police will arrest you, if you fail to wear a face mask
From the second week of July, people failing to wear face masks in public places will be arrested and produced in courts for violating the quarantine regulations, Police said yesterday.
Police spokesman Jaliya Senaratne said that during the next week they would be warning people who fail to wear masks in public places, but action would be taken only the week after.
He said the action was being taken after health authorities had alerted the police that in public places, some people were failing to follow health precautions such as wearing face masks.
Senior Superintendent Senaratne said that from tomorrow the police would record names and National Identity Card numbers of those failing to wear masks and warn them.
(Source: The Sunday Times)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023