Bond scam and Easter attacks should’ve been prevented – Rajitha
Parliamentarian Dr. Rajitha Senarathne says the controversial bond transactions and the 2019 Easter Sunday attacks were mistakes that should’ve been prevented, during the term of the good governance government.
Taking to Facebook the MP said leaders of the former government must take responsibility for failure to prevent the incidents.
MP Senarathne said although charges were levelled against the good governance government over the Easter attacks, it is the responsibility of the heads of security and their commanding officer.
MP Senarathne further said he strongly opposed the move to appoint Arjuna Mahendran as the Governor of the Central Bank, during his term as a Minister.
The MP claimed the present administration which came to power claiming to repatriate and bring Arjuna Mahendran to book as soon as it came to power, has now forgotten the bond scam.
He said however the former good governance government was able to achieve several wins for the public.
The MP claimed there are people who have not understood the failure of the present government and continue to blame the former government at present.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023