Buddhist monks convene to urge govt. to reinstate Mervyn
Source of News: Ada Derana
A group of the Buddhist monks from Gampaha are hold a convention to demand the government to appreciate Former Deputy Minister Mervyn Silva’s service and reinstate him as Dept. Minister.
The convention is scheduled to be held tomorrow(20) at the BMICH.
Silva was sacked from his dept. Minister post and his SLFP membership was suspended pending disciplinary inquiry over the incident where he tied a Samurdhi official to a tree for allegedly failing to carry out his duties.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023