Cabinet approves Private Data Security Bill
Posted in Local News
The Cabinet of Ministers has approved the proposal submitted by President Gotabaya Rajapaksa as the Technology Minister of to publish the gazette notification pertaining to the Private Data Security Bill and subsequently submit it to Parliament.
Co-Cabinet Spokesman Plantation Minister Dr. Ramesh Pathirana said the Private Data Security Bill has been drafted to ensure the security of the private data when using the collected data by the institutions such as government institution, banks, telecommunication facility providers and hospitals and to make provisions that are necessary for the digital economy of Sri Lanka.
(Source: Daily News – By Ishara Mudugamuwa)
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023