CEB records Rs. 80 billion loss in 2019 – Amaraweera
Minister of Power Mahinda Amaraweera says the loss incurred by the Ceylon Electricity Board in 2019 is Rs. 80 billion.
Speaking at a function he said the CEB has outstanding debt of Rs. 200 billion.
The Minister said 70% of the power supply must be eco-friendly, claiming that they along with the President are of the same view.
He added when they begin to initiate this program, various challenges will arise, claiming that these obstacles must be faced.
Minister Amaraweera said they held talks and explained to the President, the issues they face in power generation.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Official Creditor Committee confirms debt treatment deal with Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023