CID and STF search Rajitha’s residence
A team of Criminal Investigation Department (CID) and Special Task Force (STF) personnel are currently searching the residence of parliamentarian Rajitha Senaratne in Colombo 07 to arrest him.
A lawyer appearing for MP Senaratne said the MP was not at the residence when the officials of the CID and STF arrived.
UPDATE (5:01 pm): The team of Criminal Investigation Department (CID) and Special Task Force (STF) personnel who carried out a search at the MP Rajitha Senaratne’s residence has left the residence a short while ago.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Customs seizes Drugs worth over Rs. 60 Million December 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- Three Sri Lankans, including Ranish Hewage serving in the Ukraine Army killed in Russian attack December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023