CID says investigation concluded in Barathas’ murder
The CID today submitted a report to the Colombo Magistrates court stating that they have concluded investigations in to the murder of former MP Baratha Lakshman and three others when the case was taken up today.
The CID told the court that the government analysts department had also submitted its report. The CID further went on to tell court that they are now awaiting the Attorney Generals Department’s advice on how to proceed on the matter.
Counsel for Duminda Silva Hemantha Warnakulasooriya told court that Hirunika Prekachandra had commented on the courts proceedings and therefore asked the magistrate to take action against her for contempt of court. Submitting a file which contained statements Ms. Premachandra had made to the median, to the magistrate Waranakulasooriya asked the magistrate to hand over the file to the Attorney Generals department.
Courtesy: DM Online
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Parliament approves VAT (amendment) Bill December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka reports 80,222 dengue cases with 47 deaths December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka Parliament decides to debate VAT (amendment) Bill today December 11, 2023
- ‘Unfair, Really Surprised’: Anjum Chopra on Chamari Athapaththu going unsold at WPL Auction December 11, 2023
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023