Comedian Bandu Samarasinghe appointed Consular General in Milan
Veteran actor and comedian Bandu Samarasinghe has been appointed as Sri Lanka’s Consular General in Milan, Italy, sources said.
Samarasinghe will take over the post in Milan following the death of musician Neela Wickremasinghe who passed away earlier this year while serving in the post.
Samarasinghe is one of Sri Lanka’s most popular comedians in Sinhala cinema and does not have any previous experience in foreign service. Some of his movies in which he played the role of lead comedian is ‘Parliament Jokes’, ‘Re Daniel Dawal Migel’, ‘Kauda Bole Alice’ and ‘Pissu Trible’.
He supported President Gotabaya Rajapaksa during the Presidential Election in 2019.
(Source: Daily Mirror)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023