Construction of 3 flyovers over Slave Island railway lines approved
The approval of the Cabinet of Ministers has been granted to construct 03 flyovers over the railway line at the Sri Uttarananda Mawatha near the Slave Island Railway Station.
It has been noted that the railway lines across Sri Uttarananda Mawatha and Judge Akbar Mawatha in Slave Island cause heavy traffic congestion during peak hours.
Accordingly, flyovers and a one-way traffic plan have been designed to avoid this situation.
The proposal was presented to the Cabinet by Minister of Highways Johnston Fernando and subsequently granted approval for the implementation of the relevant project.
Further, the Cabinet has also approved for the proposal to call bids from local contractors for the construction of the 03 flyovers under the project.
(Source: Ada Derana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka aims to streamline tax structure, boost collections October 4, 2023
- Tharushi Karunarathna wins Gold at Asian Games in China October 4, 2023
- Litro gas prices increased from tonight (October 04) October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Court dismisses misappropriation case against Ajith Nivard Cabraal and Lalith Weeratunga October 4, 2023