Construction on 3rd phase of Central Expressway begins
Construction work on the 3rd phase of the Central Expressway from Pothuhera to Galagedara commenced today (19).
The Ministry of Highways said construction commenced under the patronage of Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa this morning.
The third phase of the project that began construction today is estimated to take 42 months to complete the 31.7 km stretch, at 142.5 billion rupees.
The Pothuhera-Galagedara stretch of the expressway will consist of 20 bridges, a tunnel, four lanes and four interchanges at Polgahawela, Rambukkana, Galagedara and Pothuhera.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Parliament approves VAT (amendment) Bill December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka reports 80,222 dengue cases with 47 deaths December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka Parliament decides to debate VAT (amendment) Bill today December 11, 2023
- ‘Unfair, Really Surprised’: Anjum Chopra on Chamari Athapaththu going unsold at WPL Auction December 11, 2023
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023