Controlled explosion carried out at Thimbirigasyaya
Posted in Local News
A suspicious parcel which had been left unattended at a restaurant in Thimbirigaskatuwa, Katana has been destroyed though a controlled explosion, the Police Spokesman said.
Police said the STF had found several pieces of wires and nails inside the parcel after the explosion.
Accordingly, the investigations are underway to find out whether there were any explosives in the parcel.
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
- Bruno Divakara arrested May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023