Court orders bank details of Pujith, Hemasiri
The Colombo Chief Magistrate’s Court today ordered 80 financial institutions and banks to table reports on bank accounts held by Inspector General of Police Pujith Jayasundara, who has been sent on compulsory leave, and former Secretary to the Ministry of Defence Hemasiri Fernando.
Colombo Chief Magistrate Lanka Jayaratne made the order following a request made by Deputy Solicitor General Dilipa Peiris who appeared in court for the Attorney General.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Nightlife will play a vital role in Sri Lanka’s economic growth and tourist experience February 23, 2024
- Moon landing today: US clinches first touchdown in 50 years February 23, 2024
- Johnston Fernando requests immediate probe into Sanath Nishantha’s death February 22, 2024
- CEB Spokesman Noel Priyantha resigns over controversial remarks February 22, 2024
- Sri Lanka settles US$ 20 million Iranian oil debt with tea February 22, 2024