Death of Sri Lankan in Abu Dhabi blast confirmed
The Sri Lankan Embassy in Abu Dhabi has confirmed that a Sri Lankan lost his life and another is receiving treatment in the ICU following an explosion at a restaurant in Abu Dhabi on Monday.
Issuing a statement the Embassy said officials visited the hospital to verify and confirm information regarding the Lankans.
The statement said the Sri Lankan Embassy in Abu Dhabi and the Foreign Ministry are in contact with UAE law enforcement and hospital authorities to provide all necessary assistance.
An explosion had occurred at a restaurant in Abu Dhabi on Monday, 31 August 2020 and subsequently there was unconfirmed information that two Sri Lankans were victims.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Parliament approves VAT (amendment) Bill December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka reports 80,222 dengue cases with 47 deaths December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka Parliament decides to debate VAT (amendment) Bill today December 11, 2023
- ‘Unfair, Really Surprised’: Anjum Chopra on Chamari Athapaththu going unsold at WPL Auction December 11, 2023
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023