Digital driving licence to be introduced in Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka is going to introduce a digital driving licence with a QR code due to the shortage of material to print driving licences.
The relevant proposal has been made to the cabinet by the Minister of Transport and Highways Bandula Gunawardena.
Cabinet spokesperson, Minister Bandula Gunawardena said this while addressing the media briefing to announce Cabinet decisions this morning (October 11).
The Cabinet of Ministers has given instructions to conduct an in-depth study into the matter and to inform relevant technical and expert committees in this regard.
Speaking further, Minister Gunawardena said the government expects to resolve the shortage of materials to print driving licences, which was exacerbated by the forex crisis, within this year.
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023