Discussion of selecting the new cabinet is underway
Onlanka News – By Janaka Alahapperuma – (Pix by: Sudath Silva)
As the people of Sri Lanka have given an overwhelming victory in the General Election –April 2010 for the 7th parliament, the jubilant President Mahinda Rajapaksa has already started consultations with trusted top bureaucrats of his government on selection of the new cabinet.
According to the information received from the President Secretariat, it has taken relevant measures for selecting a suitable team which is vital for early and efficient implementation of the “Mahinda Chinthana Idiri Dekma” the promise of a Bright Future for the people of Sri Lanka.
This meeting was held at the Temple Trees last evening on 09th April. Secretary to the President Mr. Lalith Weeratunga, Secretary of the Ministry of Finance Dr. P.B. Jayasundara and Additional Secretary to the President Mr. Gamini Senarath are seen here in the pictures.
Meanwhile President Rajapaksa also thanked the voters for the unprecedented mandate given for his UPFA government at the election. He pledged the public to fulfill their aspirations in the near future and also requested everyone to unite with him and the government to make his manifesto a reality.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sanath Nishantha to pay electric bills of SLPP low-income families October 4, 2023
- Chairman of CEYPETCO and CPSTL Uvais Mohamed resigns October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023
- World Bank boosts Sri Lanka economic forecasts after inflation progress October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President slams western media, says no to international probe October 3, 2023