Doctors to launch token strike on 21st of February
The Government Medical Officers Association (GMOA) has reached a decision to launch a one-day token strike on February 21 in protest against the government’s move that violates the national salary policy.
The GMOA said the decision was reached unanimously during today’s GMOA Central Committee meeting.
The token strike is scheduled to be staged at government hospitals across the island on Monday.
The decision comes just days after 18 health sector trade unions decided to temporarily call off their strike which had continued for 09 straight days and had crippled hospital services across the island.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023