Duminda transacted through other channels!
Banks and several financial institutions informed Colombo Chief Magistrate, Gihan Pilapitiya that Colombo District SLFP MP, Duminda Silva did not conduct his accounts and financial transactions through their channels.
Earlier, Samantha Perera alias Wele Suda, a notorious drug lord considered as among the most leading drug dealers in Sri Lanka claimed that he had links with Duminda Silva , and of the earnings from his heroin deals , a part was paid to Duminda Silva.
Based on this report submitted to court by the CID, the chief magistrate gave permission on 27 February to investigate the accounts of the commercial establishments of five individuals including Duminda Silva and Wele Sudha.Following this directive, the banks and financial Institutions forwarded their reports to court informing that the commercial ventures of Duminda Silva did not conduct their financial transactions through them.
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
it does not matter what channel he used if he has done int he should be punished just as any other citizen is punished not immunity should be given maximum punishment should be given
If he has not earn money from such malpractices, how he granted money to temple, poor people and other contribution. He must have taken from his brother or family fund. How it is confirmed , that’ what people aware the truth