Duty on liquor, cigarettes revised
Excise Duty on Cigarettes, Liquor and Ethyl Alcohol has been revised with effect from October 6, the Ministry of Finance and Planning said yesterday. Excise Duty on cigars, cigarettes, too has been revised with effect from the same date.
The new excise duty rates on wine, arrack, foreign liquor and malt liquor (Beer) are as follows, Liquor other than toddy or any liquor made from any cereal(Wine)(per Proof Litre) 898, Molasses, Palmyra, Coconut and Processed Arrack (per Proof Litre)1,0433D, Country made foreign spirits(per Proof Litre) 1,183.
Malt liquor (Absolute strength less than 5%)(per Bulk Litre) 100, Malt liquor (Absolute strength 5 percent and above) (per Bulk Litre) 116.
In accordance with the new duty revisions, Cigerrette prices too have gone up by a minimum of Rs.2.
Courtesy: Daily News
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023