Easter attacks Committee to reconvene on March 3
The Cabinet Sub-Committee appointed to study the final report of the Presidential Commission of Inquiry that probed the Easter Sunday attacks has decided to reconvene next Wednesday.
The Cabinet Sub-Committee is expected to submit its report to the President before the 15th of March.
The committee convened on two previous occasions where a preliminary study was conducted of the report.
The Cabinet Sub-Committee was appointed to study the facts and recommendations cited in the report by the Presidential Commission of Inquiry and to determine a suitable course of action.
The committee comprises Ministers Chamal Rajapaksa, Johnston Fernando, Udaya Gammanpila, Ramesh Pathirana, Prasanna Ranatunga and Rohitha Abeygunawardena.
Meanwhile, the Samagi Jana Balawegaya has also appointed a committee to study the report by the Presidential Commission of Inquiry presided by President’s Counsel Srinath Perera.
President’s Counsel Upul Jayasuriya and Thisath Wijegunawardena and Parliamentarian Imtiaz Bakeer Marker are a part of the committee.
(Source: News Radio)
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023