Eraj Fernando resigns as Mayor of Hambantota
Eraj Ravindra Fernando, who was involved in the “toy pistol’ case several years ago, has resigned from his post as the Mayor of Hambantota Municipal Council due to personal reasons.
Participating in the ongoing monthly session of the council, Mr. Fernando said that he will also be resigning from his post as a member of the Hambantota Municipal Council.
He was appointed as the Mayor of the Hambantota Municipal Council in 2018.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Customs seizes Drugs worth over Rs. 60 Million December 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- Three Sri Lankans, including Ranish Hewage serving in the Ukraine Army killed in Russian attack December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023