Foreign Travel ban imposed on Ajith Nivard Cabraal extended
The international travel ban imposed on former Governor of the Central Bank of Sri Lanka (CBSL), Ajith Nivard Cabraal, has been extended until October 26.
This order was issued by the Colombo Chief Magistrate Harshana Kekunawela.
This foreign travel ban was imposed considering a petition filed by the former Governor of Southern Province, Keerthi Tennakoon.
Former Governor Tennakoon though his petition has sought an order after claiming that Ajith Nivard Cabraal is attempting to leave the country despite being involved in a number of incidents of financial fraud.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023