Three people arrested for trying to sell stolen goods at the President’s House
Posted in Local News
Three people were arrested for trying to sell some items as antiques which were stolen from the President’s House in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
The Police Headquarters stated that when the protesters entered the President’s House on the 9th of July, the suspects stole 40 gold-plated brass sockets that were mounted on the walls to hang the window curtains.
The Police stated that the suspects are drug addicts aged 28, 34 and 37, residents of Obesekarapura area in Rajagiriya.
The arrested suspects were handed over to the Colombo (North) Criminal Investigation Division for further investigations.
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
It’s really loathsome to think these are the youth crying foul to have the ability to direct the nation’s future. On the TV I saw the Defence Secretary was inspecting the presidential secretariat building yesterday. Even the lock of the front door had been removed!! There is no hiding behind ‘ few bad apples’. What were the numerous ‘good bananas ‘ doing while it was being done?
The Aragalaya turned to be a disaster when the Aragalayists broke through gates in the Janadhipatji Mandiraya, Presidential Secretariat, PM’s Office and PM’s House.
Had they stopped outside the gates and continued with their peaceful protest, the outcomes would definitely have been significantly more effective.
As an Aragalayist, I can say that it was taken over by a vile leadership (IUSF/FSP) after maybe, the 1st 30 days or so.