Sri Lanka Navy recovers T-56 assault rifle which went missing during a protest
A T-56 assault rifle and an empty magazine that were stolen from an army officer after attacking him during a protest near Parliament of Sri Lanka on July 13 have been found.
According to Police, On the 23rd July, Sri Lanka Navy divers were able to recover the T-56 firearm and empty magazine from under the Samanala Bridge in Rajagiriya towards the Parliament.
The firearm and a bag of empty ammunition were handed over to the Welikada Police Station.
The Welikada Police is conducting further investigations.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Department of Examinations announced dates of Scholarship Exam, O/L, A/L March 1, 2024
- Central Bank officials summoned to party leaders’ meeting over salary hike March 1, 2024
- Sri Lanka halts free visas for long-staying Russian, Ukrainian nationals March 1, 2024
- UNFPA to assist Sri Lanka in modernizing statistical system for transition to digital economy March 1, 2024
- Sri Lanka to introduce National Cyber Security Act, establish Cyber Security Authority March 1, 2024