Four assistant health workers remanded over death of patient at National Institute of Mental Health
Four assistant health workers, who were arrested over the death of a patient at the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) in Mulleriyawa, have been remanded until August 10.
The accused were produced before the Hulftsdorp Magistrate’s Court earlier today (July 29).
Two assistant health workers attached to NIMH were arrested on Friday (July 28) and two more assistant health workers were taken into custody this morning (July 29) by the Mulleriyawa Police.
According to reports, the health workers had allegedly assaulted the 48-year-old patient, who was a resident of Watareka and had suffered from bipolar disorder.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023
- Batticaloa Campus returned to Hizbullah September 20, 2023
- Dasun Shanaka to remain Captain for ICC World Cup 2023 September 20, 2023