Four more MPs including Pillayan sworn in as State Ministers
Four more MPs including Sivanesathurai Chandrakanthan alias Pillayan were sworn in as State Ministers yesterday (April 19) before President Gotabaya Rajapaksa.
Sivanesathurai Chandrakanthan has been appointed as the new State Minister for Rural Road Development, SLPP MP Sathasivam Viyalendiran has been appointed as the State Minister of Youth and Sports while ACMC’s Mohamed Muszhaaraff has been appointed State Minister of Textile Industries and Local Apparel Products Promotion.
Meanwhile, Suren Raghavan was sworn in as State Minister of Higher Education.
Suren Raghavan earlier was appointed as State Minister for Education Services and Reforms.
It was amended to the State Minister of Higher Education.
This brings the total number of new state ministers sworn in to twenty-seven (27).
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023