Four suspects arrested with ICE worth over Rs. 79 Million in Talaimannar
The Sri Lanka Navy has arrested four suspects with Crystal Methamphetamine (ICE) worth over Rs.79 million in Talaimannar.
Sri Lanka Naval Ship (SLNS) Thammanna in the North Central Naval Command made the arrest after searching a suspicious dinghy approaching the Urumalai beach yesterday that led to the discovery of 9kg and 914g of Ice prepared to be smuggled into the country.
The arrested suspects were identified as residents of Urumalai in Talaimannar, from 28 to 37 years of age.
The suspects together with drugs, the dinghy were handed over to the Mannar Police for onward legal action.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka reports 80,222 dengue cases with 47 deaths December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka Parliament decides to debate VAT (amendment) Bill today December 11, 2023
- ‘Unfair, Really Surprised’: Anjum Chopra on Chamari Athapaththu going unsold at WPL Auction December 11, 2023
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023
- Countrywide power outage in Sri Lanka due to a system failure December 9, 2023