Fuel Queues become a common sight in Sri Lanka
Long queues can still be seen near filling stations across the country to obtain fuel amidst the prevailing Diesel shortage.
The Ministry of Energy, Gamini Lokuge stated that another ship carrying fuel is scheduled to arrive in the country today (March 07).
He further said the Sapugaskanda Refinery can hold up to 208,000 MT of Crude Oil and the Ceylon Petroleum Corporation is taking measures to import Crude Oil to resume operations of the Sapugaskanda Refinery at full capacity.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023