Garnier Banister Francis sentenced to 2 years suspended imprisonment
Swiss Embassy employee Garnier Banister Francis was today (July 14) sentenced to two-years imprisonment suspended for five years by the Colombo High Court.
This order was issued after she pleaded guilty to the charges relating to making a false claim that she had been abducted and sexually harassed in 2019.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023
- Batticaloa Campus returned to Hizbullah September 20, 2023