Gemunu promises 7% cut in bus fares
Posted in Local News
With the recent price reduction of fuel, private bus fares will also be reduced by 6 to 7 per cent soon, said the President of the Private Bus Owner’s Association, Gemunu Wijeratne.
The observation was made at a press conference held in Colombo, this morning.
Wijeratne added that the minimum bus fare of Rs. 9 will also be reduced by Rs. 1 following the fuel price reduction.
According to Wijeratne, the National Transport Commission will take necessary steps to reduce the bus fares within next few days.
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
This’s very frustratiing for people, they might increase bus & other fares again after next election. What a misery is in this country?