Geoffrey Aloysius released on bail
Posted in Local News
Former Deputy Governor of the Central Bank P. Samarasiri and Chairman of Perpetual Treasuries Ltd (PTL) Geoffrey Aloysius and Directors of PTL Pushyamithra Gunawardena, R. Hulugalla, and M. Surendran, who were in remand custody over Central Bank Bond Scam, were released on bail by the Courts today.
Aloysius and Samarasiri were released on a cash bail of Rs.100,000 each and surety bail of Rs.2 million each while the other three were released on a surety bail of Rs.1 million each.
Court also imposed an overseas travel ban on the five persons.
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023
He can get back to money laundering with his SIL, Arjuna M.