Geoffrey Aloysius released on bail
Former Deputy Governor of the Central Bank P. Samarasiri and Chairman of Perpetual Treasuries Ltd (PTL) Geoffrey Aloysius and Directors of PTL Pushyamithra Gunawardena, R. Hulugalla, and M. Surendran, who were in remand custody over Central Bank Bond Scam, were released on bail by the Courts today.
Aloysius and Samarasiri were released on a cash bail of Rs.100,000 each and surety bail of Rs.2 million each while the other three were released on a surety bail of Rs.1 million each.
Court also imposed an overseas travel ban on the five persons.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023