Government to allocate Rs. 2 million each to villages
The government has decided to allocate Rs.2 million to all villages to encourage speedy development in the country.
Speaking to media following the conclusion of a meeting of the government Parliamentary group, MP Chandima Weerakkody revealed President Gotabaya Rajapaksa had informed MPs of the decision.
The first meeting of the government Parliamentary group was held last evening under the patronage of the President at the President’s Official Residence.
The MP noted all Parliamentarians had been allocated Rs.20 million and were urged to complete their duties by the 31st of January.
He added all MPs had been requested to provide 700 job opportunities, while Provincial Council members had been requested to provide 100 employment opportunities by January.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Nightlife will play a vital role in Sri Lanka’s economic growth and tourist experience February 23, 2024
- Moon landing today: US clinches first touchdown in 50 years February 23, 2024
- Johnston Fernando requests immediate probe into Sanath Nishantha’s death February 22, 2024
- CEB Spokesman Noel Priyantha resigns over controversial remarks February 22, 2024
- Sri Lanka settles US$ 20 million Iranian oil debt with tea February 22, 2024