Work from home week declared
Posted in Local News
The Government has declared one week from March 20 to 27 for Public and Private Sector as a period to work from home, President’s Media Unit said.
This measure is being implemented as a means to limit the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) by minimizing movement and gathering of the general public during the outbreak.
The government is to advice on the working modalities of this arrangement in the future.
It is noted that this period of six days is not a public holiday and the heads of relevant work places are to decide on the spells of work that the employees should cover.
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
- Bruno Divakara arrested May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023