Govt. reduces registration fee for websites
The Cabinet has decided to reduce the registration fee for news websites to Rs.25,000 while the annual renewal fee has also been reduced to Rs.10,000, the Government Information Department stated.
The Media Minister, Keheliya Rambukwella last month stated that a sum of Rs.100,000 will be charged for registration while an annual fee of Rs.50,000 will be charged as a renewal fee.
However, the government announced today (August 9) that the registration and renewal fees will be reduced to Rs.25,000 and Rs.10,000 respectively.
The Minister stated that the measure, which was approved by the cabinet, was taken to control some news websites which published slanderous content.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023