Health Ministry investigates another ‘soft drink’ related death
The Ministry of Health has commenced investigation into the death of a 1 ½ year-old child after drinking a soft drink. The mother and brother of the deceased child were admitted to the Wellawaya Hospital also after drinking the soft drink, purchased from a hotel in the Wellawaya town.
The woman and her child were later transferred to the Monaragal Hospital for extensive treatment after which the child had passed away, police informed.
While on several previous occasions many individuals had taken ill and were hospitalized after developing an adverse reaction to a certain soft drink an 11-year-old girl had also died.
Owing to that the Ministry of Health had taken measures to look into all soft drink manufacturing companies.
However investigations will be carried out due to another such incident being reported, the Ministry further stated.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka aims to streamline tax structure, boost collections October 4, 2023
- Tharushi Karunarathna wins Gold at Asian Games in China October 4, 2023
- Litro gas prices increased from tonight (October 04) October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Court dismisses misappropriation case against Ajith Nivard Cabraal and Lalith Weeratunga October 4, 2023