Huge LTTE arms dump unearthed in Sri Lanka
Two years after the decisive battle in which the Tamil Tigers were vanquished, Sri Lankan security forces made their biggest-ever haul recovering 6,250 kg of hidden LTTE explosives.
The arms cache was busted in a joint search operation of Army and police in the former LTTE bastions of Mullaithivu and Kilinochchi districts on Sunday.
The joint operation of the Army and police busted a big hidden arms dump at Iranamadu and Nanthikadal in the Kilinochchi district, where 6,250 kg of C-4 explosives were found, police said.
The sandy Nanthikadal lagoon, was the site where the Tamil Tigers commanded by their supreme leader Velupillai Prabhakaran made their last stand.
Superintendent Ajith Rohana, the police spokesman said, “This is the largest ever quantity of explosives uncovered“.
He said the explosives were contained in 200 bags and hidden in a bunker used by the LTTE during their days of the military campaign.
Rohana said in the adjoining Mullaithivu district another 300 kgs of C—4 were uncovered in the Puthukudyiruppu area along with other weaponry.
Kilinochchi and Mullaithivu served as the LTTE’s administrative and military capitals respectively during their three-decades old campaign to carve out a separate Tamil homela
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
There you go. the Tamil terrors are gathering explosives again. Very safe Gothabhaya is in Defence and will keep more and lore army in the jaffna province.
why do not call the UN and USA to have a look…Once you are a Terrorists,you will be ever Tamil tigers..so please be carefull…. they do not give up their terror act..