I am at loss to understand how I became a suspect: Ravi Karunanayake
UNP MP Ravi Karunanayake, against whom the Bond Commission presses bribery charges, said he was at a loss to understand how he turned up as a suspect since the Central Bank and the State Banks did not remain under his purview.
President Maithripala Sirisena, in his statement on the controversial bond transaction by the Central Bank, said the Commission had recommended legal action against Mr. Karunanayake under bribery charges.
Mr. Karunanayake said he would make an elaborate comment on the matter after the report of the Bond Commission was made available to him and others.
“I have been in politics for 25 years. There are opportunists trying to tarnish my image. Yet, we prevail. I will not allow anybody to tarnish my credibility,” he said.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Kelum Bandara)
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
He! He! He! Thoththa baba!
Well Hon. Karunanayaka please prove your innocence in the legal case. You say you have 25 years of Political experience and some elements try to tarnish your image. Also remember that you are the Deputy Leader of UNP. What is important here your reputation or the 11145 Million lost to Sri Lanka due to the Mega Fraud Bond-Scam! Face the trial and come out clean brother.
Indra, You have not said any single word against Mahinda Rajapakse regime’s corruption. So who are you?
So ethically you have no a right to speak against corruption !!.
A relative of Rajapakse family?