I am at loss to understand how I became a suspect: Ravi Karunanayake
UNP MP Ravi Karunanayake, against whom the Bond Commission presses bribery charges, said he was at a loss to understand how he turned up as a suspect since the Central Bank and the State Banks did not remain under his purview.
President Maithripala Sirisena, in his statement on the controversial bond transaction by the Central Bank, said the Commission had recommended legal action against Mr. Karunanayake under bribery charges.
Mr. Karunanayake said he would make an elaborate comment on the matter after the report of the Bond Commission was made available to him and others.
“I have been in politics for 25 years. There are opportunists trying to tarnish my image. Yet, we prevail. I will not allow anybody to tarnish my credibility,” he said.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Kelum Bandara)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s education ministry halts outdoor school activities due to heat February 28, 2024
- Santhan, released convict in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, dies due to illness February 28, 2024
- Suspect wanted over Mahabage shooting killed in clash with STF February 28, 2024
- Ronnie de Mel passes away February 27, 2024
- India to push rupee investments in Sri Lanka February 27, 2024