If there is no symbol telephone would be used – Maddumabandara
Former MP and General Secretary of the ‘Samagi Janabalavegaya’ Ranjith Maddumabandara states that if a decision regarding the UNP Symbol cannot be finalised, it will contest for the upcoming elections under the symbol of a telephone.
The working committee convened yesterday under the patronage of UNP leader Ranil Wickramasinghe at the Sirikota party headquarters and it was decided that an MoU would be signed with the ‘Samagi Jana Balawegaya’ safeguarding the fundamentals of the party.
Meanwhile, the UNP Leader Ranil Wickramasinghe left to Dubai last night.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka aims to streamline tax structure, boost collections October 4, 2023
- Tharushi Karunarathna wins Gold at Asian Games in China October 4, 2023
- Litro gas prices increased from tonight (October 04) October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Court dismisses misappropriation case against Ajith Nivard Cabraal and Lalith Weeratunga October 4, 2023