Import levy on big onions increased by Rs. 20 per kilo
Posted in Local News
The import levy on big onions had been increased by Rs. 20 per kilo under the directives of Finance Minister Ravi Karunanayake, the ministry said today.
Accordingly, the levy had been increased to Rs. 30 from its previous amount Rs. 10.
However, the ministry says that there will be no change in the market price of onions.
In a statement, the Finance Ministry said that the decision to increase the tax on imported onions was taken due to local onions crops reaching the market.
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023