Indo-Lanka talks on ETCA today
Sri Lanka and India is reported to hold official level talks on the proposed Economic and Technology Cooperation Agreement (ETCA) today in Colombo.
A four-member Indian delegation is expected to arrive in the country for the talks. This is the first official level talks between the two sides on ETCA though the Government on an earlier occasion had said the agreement would be signed by the end of this year.
However, there is widespread criticism of ETCA with some political parties and professional organizations taking to the streets in opposition of this agreement.
(Daily Mirror – By Kelum Bandara)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Wanindu Hasaranga suspended for two matches, fined February 25, 2024
- Parliamentary committees summon CBSL officials over 70% salary increase February 25, 2024
- STF arrests Army Corporal over Mahabage shooting that killed “Ukkuwa” February 24, 2024
- Senior U.S. official discusses Sri Lanka’s IMF program in Colombo February 24, 2024
- U.S. Deputy Secretary of State commends Sri Lanka’s economic efforts February 23, 2024