Iraj sued over ‘Mata Aloke Genadevi’
Colombo Commercial High Court today issued summons on vocalist Iraj Weeraratne for allegedly violating the copyrights of the song ‘Mata Aloke Genadevi’ owned by award- winning film producer, director and accomplished lyricist the late Herbert M. Seneviratne.
High Court Judge Gamini Rohan Amerasekara issued notice for interim injunction to stop the song being reproduced without any lawful rights.
Filing legal action, the late songwriter’s wife Swarna Lakni Seneviratne and son Chinthana Mendis complained that their intellectual property rights have been violated by the defendant vocalist.
They demanded Rs.10 million as damages for reproducing the song without legal permission. Late Mr. Seneviratne had composed the song for the film ‘Aiyai Malli’.
(Courtesy: DM Online)
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023
- It is imperative to equip our armed forces with state-of-the-art technologies and capabilities – Defence State Minister June 9, 2023
- ADB provides Sri Lanka access to concessional financing June 9, 2023
- Over 20 injured in bus lorry collision at Hanwella June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023
Someone in power doesn’t like you face my dear. Maybe someone is looking for bukshees.
Steeling others lyrics is a shameful act. This shows bankruptcy of SL song culture. Recent days songs are last only for few months due to bad lyrics.
ur realy talented Mr.Iraj… but do more & more ur creations… we r with u always…