Island-wide coconut oil samples to be sent for testing – CAA
The Consumer Affairs Authority has instructed district officials to obtain five samples of coconut oil from each district to test for substandard products.
The Director of the Consumer Affairs Authority Asela Bandara stated that 100 samples will be sent for laboratory testing on Sunday (28).
These samples will be taken from unbottled coconut oil that are for sale.
Meanwhile, it was revealed that the coconut oil of one of the four importers who imported coconut oil to the country is substandard by tests conducted by the Sri Lanka Standards Institution.
The Sri Lanka Standards Institution said that 13 containers of coconut oil have been sealed with the intervention of the Customs Department.
(Source: News 1st)
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023