Jayawardenapura University student tests positive for COVID-19
A student of Sri Jayawardenapura University’s Management Faculty has been tested positive for COVID-19. According to the university student union, the student, a resident of Panadura, had been boarded at a hostel and had last visited the university on October 4.
The Vice Chancellor of the University Senior Prof. Sudantha Liyanage said 50 students of the Management Faculty, who were staying at hostels, were placed under self-isolation following the detection of this novel coronavirus case.
According to the Vice Chancellor of the university, students have been informed not to vacate the hostel premises. Meals would be provided for the students by the university hostel, it was said.
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023