Jayawardenapura University student tests positive for COVID-19
A student of Sri Jayawardenapura University’s Management Faculty has been tested positive for COVID-19. According to the university student union, the student, a resident of Panadura, had been boarded at a hostel and had last visited the university on October 4.
The Vice Chancellor of the University Senior Prof. Sudantha Liyanage said 50 students of the Management Faculty, who were staying at hostels, were placed under self-isolation following the detection of this novel coronavirus case.
According to the Vice Chancellor of the university, students have been informed not to vacate the hostel premises. Meals would be provided for the students by the university hostel, it was said.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023