Joint and several investigations on Kachcheri Fire
The Government Analyst Department has launched investigations into the fire that erupted at the Colombo Kachcheri on Monday night. Colombo District Secretary Mr. Kamal Padmasiri said all information and the keys of the building have been handed over to the Government Analyst.
The reason for the fire that lasted for several hours has not yet been determined. The District Secretariat said that the reason for the fire can be ascertained once the investigation by the Government Analyst is completed. At present the Police, the Government Analyst and the Ceylon Electricity Board are conducting investigations.
District Secretary Mr. Kamal Padmasiri said that many important documents have been lost in the fire and services have been disrupted due to the fire. He said that however, the District Samurdhi Division, the division that issues licences for firearms, the census unit and small enterprises division have not been affected by the blaze. He said that they can continue with the operations at those Departments from tomorrow. The main building with the administration and accounts division has been burnt.
Mr. Padmasiri also said that the accounts, administration and planning divisions have been transferred to the Thimbirigasyaya Divisional Secretariat on a temporary basis. (niz)
Source: Government News Portal
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023