Kalagedihena attack: Mathematics tutor, 7 others granted bail
Mathematics tutor Dinesh Nuwan Amaratunga and 7 others who under remand custody over an attack on a van by a group of VIP bodyguards at Kalagedihena were granted bail by the Attanagalle Magistrate’s Court today.
The police said the mathematics tutor and three others surrendered to the Attanagalle Magistrate’s Court on July over the incident.
Four suspects were arrested over the incident after they surrendered to the Colombo Crimes Division (CCD) earlier.
The incident was reported from Kalagedihena on July 18 where the suspect’s private security personnel had attacked a van for allegedly not allowing their convoy to overtake.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023