UNP’s new alliance before the end of this month – Prime Minister
Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe states that the United National Party will establish a new Alliance, the Democratic National Front before the end of August.
In a statement, the Prime Minister said that all decisions will be taken in a democratic manner in consultation with all groups.
The Prime Minister said that a deep discussion was held regarding the Democratic National Front was held with political parties that have the aim of protecting and building the country.
The Prime Minister’s statement indicates that future plans of the Alliance will be based on the National Policy.
(Source: Hiru News)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka to receive about $600 million ADB funding post-IMF approval – official December 6, 2023