Kavinda steps down from PSC
UNP MP Kavinda Jayawardana has stepped down from the Parliamentary Select Committee appointed to look into and report on the 04/21 terror attack and also the accusations against Minister Rishard Baithudeen.
“I wrote to Speaker excusing myself from the PSC citing personal reasons. I want to dedicate my time fully on the people who were affected in the attacks. In this context, I may not be able to focus on the PSC,” he said.
The matter was informed in parliament by Speaker Karu Jayasuriya. Further, Dr Rajitha Senaratne & Dr Nalinda Jayatissa were appointed to the committee.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023